Design impact you can make in weeks rather than months
These days a “quick holiday room refresh” may sound like a pipe dream. You’ve heard the stories: supply chain problems, long order times, yadayadayada. But don’t fear, design lover… there are things that you can get done. There are changes that you can make before the holidays. Here’s how:
- Add a media credenza or server. There are great items in stock from many suppliers. If in stock, they can be here in a few weeks.
2. Consider an end table. Again, you might be surprised by the selection available for immediate shipping. No custom finishes of course, but these items are so cool that we think they still make the “quick holiday room changes” criteria.
3. Get a new area rug. Many rugs have been shipping quickly all year. Of course, there are always out-of-stock situations – that is completely normal. Nevertheless many ship quickly and inexpensively.
4. Hang some Wall art. Some of our great vendors quote a two day lead time! Two days! Now that is definitely a quick holiday room change!
5. Home office.
6. Items right off our floor. There are a few critical pieces we don’t sell of our floor. However there are hundreds of things you can take home today. And we have more arriving!
We’ve titled this post “A quick holiday room refresh”. Of course, our vendors won’t guarantee an arrival date. But the point is that for in-stock merchandise you won’t be waiting months and months. Now… BY DESIGN believes in and specializes in custom furniture. And we always will. But unique times demand flexible solutions.